Do Your Research: Packs
The purpose of KUIU’s modular system is owning one perfectly fitted frame and suspension—built just the way you want it—with the versatility of choosing from multiple bags for any hunting situation you face. Whether it’s a short morning hunt, a quick overnight scouting trip, or a 14-day unsupported backpack hunt in the far-north, you may simply swap out any one of the five PRO bags or three PRO LT bags for the perfect pack, every time.
1. Determine torso height for the frame
Our patented Carbon Fiber Frame is the weight-bearing backbone of our pack system. It features ultralight Spread Tow carbon fiber technology—built for vertical stiffness, horizontal flex, and ultimate strength.
Our frame is available in three sizes, and each frame has 4” of vertical shoulder strap height adjustment. Select your size of frame and fine-tune the fit with the T-lock and hook-and-loop attachment system.
Use our sizing guide to nail down the perfect fit.
- Weight: 11 oz
- Available in three sizes: Regular- 22” | Tall- 24” | Xtra Tall- 26”
- Modular design, fits any PRO Suspension and PRO Bag
2. Measure waist size for the suspension
Since its introduction, our customers and professional guides and outfitters report being able to haul more weight than before with our previous pack designs. Getting over that 100-pound benchmark is more comfortable than ever with our PRO Suspension system.
The completely redesigned PRO Suspension is available in two waist sizes, both with ample adjustability, ensuring an ergonomic fit. It’s designed to adjust to your exact hip profile and waist size for ultimate comfort.
PRO shoulder straps are wider and softer than previous designs. They also feature a broader stance that’s positioned 2” wider across your back for added stability and comfort—the wider open stance across your back also promotes airflow and ventilation.
- PRO Suspension is compatible with the KUIU Carbon Fiber Frame
- (S/M) 34” and under | (L/XL) 34” and over
- (S/M) 27.6oz | (L/XL) 28.7oz
3A. Choose bag size for hunt duration
Built to last, the PRO bags are spec’d with mountain-proof CORDURA® 550 denier material and heavy-duty YKK #10 zippers. Securing the heaviest hauls, the compression straps are anchored with durable Hypalon webbing. These full-featured bags have ample pocketing for unmatched organization.
The PRO Pack System features a load sling mode that’s built right in. There’s nothing extra to carry. It allows you to separate the bag from the frame, opening an extra 2500 cubic inches of meat-hauling capacity.
PRO sizes: 1850 | 2300 | 3600 | 6000 | 7800
- 1850 The ideal hunting day pack or for quick trips and minimal gear
- 2300 Versatile all-day hunting pack for extra clothes or optics
- 3600 One to three day trips, hunting on horseback or gear intensive day hunts
- 6000 Geared towards unsupported three to six day trips
- 7800 The ultimate hunting pack for up to 14-day unsupported hunts
3B. Choose bag size for hunt duration
PRO LT BAGS
Light and tough, the PRO LT packs are for the minimalist that counts every ounce and not willing to sacrifice packability. Leveraging high-tenacity CORDURA® 330 denier material, high wear areas feature a unique coating for added durability and waterproof protection.
All load bearing zippers are spec’d with heavy-duty YKK #10 zippers and compression straps are anchored with Hypalon webbing.
PRO LT sizes: 4000 | 5500 | 7000
- 4000 Versatile for two-three day bivy style hunts, or gear intensive day hunts
- 5500 Ideal for most three-seven day backpack hunts, with room for packing out meat.
- 7000 Expanded capacity for 10+ day unsupported hunts.
*All PRO LT bags feature load sling mode and expand 2500 cubic inches between the frame and bag.
PRO BACKPACK SYSTEM
If you’ve ever tried a KUIU backpack, you know they’re the lightest packs out there. With our most recent evolution, the new PRO backpack system adds the plush comfort and steadfast durability you demand for your toughest hunts. We break it all down below.