Last Updated 04/23/2022
Welcome to the website (the “Site”) of KUIU, LLC. (“KUIU,” “we,” “us,” or “our”). KUIU provides ultralight weight hunting gear (collectively, including the Site, the “Service”).
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information that alone or in combination with other information in our possession could be used to identify you (“Personal Information”) as follows:
Personal Information You Provide: We collect the following categories of Personal Information from you when you sign up for our mailing list, sign up for our SMS/text messaging services, join our KUIU Inner Circle Rewards Program, create a customer membership account, sign up for the Guide & Outfitters Program or participate in our Military/First Responders Program, as well Personal Information about you provided by our vendors, service providers or business and third-party marketing partners:
- Identification Information: We collect your name, email address, phone number, birthdate and mailing/billing addresses. We also collect information needed to verify military members and first responders in our Military/First Responders Program. We also collect photos from our customers who upload such photos onto our KUIU Nation page, tag our Instagram account @kuiu_official, or use the hashtag #KUIUNation.
- Financial Information: Our payment processor(s) will collect the financial information necessary to process your payments, such as your payment card number and authentication details. Please note, however, that we store only a tokenized version of such information and do not maintain payment card information on our servers.
- Communication Information: We may collect information when you contact us with questions or concerns and when you voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or requests for market research seeking your opinion and feedback. Providing communication information is optional to you.
- Commercial Information: We may retain a history of the products you browse and/or purchase using the Service.
- Social Media Information: We have pages on social media sites like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect Personal Information that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
Internet Activity Information: When you visit, use, and interact with the Service, we may receive certain information about your visit, use, or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the Service, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access the Service (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log Information: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site. Log Information includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device Information: Includes type of device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our Service, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities.
- Location Information: We derive a rough estimate of your location from your IP address.
- Email Open/Click Information: We use pixels in our email campaigns that allow us to collect your email and IP address as well as the date and time you open an email or click on any links in the email.
Derived Information: We may infer your preferences for products and gear based on the Personal Information we collect about you.
On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
2. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide the Service of hunting products and gear;
- To operate our KUIU Inner Circle Rewards Program, Guide and Outfitters Program, and Military/First Responders Program;
- To process your payments;
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback, or questions;
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Service and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- To analyze how you interact with our Service;
- To maintain and improve the Service;
- To develop new products and services;
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Service, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture, and networks; and
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or other third parties.
Marketing. We may use your Personal Information to contact you to tell you about products or services we believe may be of interest to you. For instance, if you elect to provide your email we may use that information to send you special offers. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you. You can also control the marketing emails you receive by updating your settings in the preference center, which is linked to in each promotional email we send you. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, you maycontact us. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding management of your account, other administrative matters, and to respond to your requests. KUIU may collect your email address or other identifiers via cookies and pixels on the Website through the use of trusted third-party partners. These partners may combine your identifiers with other information they have access to such as mailing address so that KUIU may serve relevant marketing offers to you via direct mail. If you do not want KUIU to collect information about you, please contact us at email@example.com to opt out.
If you elect to provide your cellular number we may use that information to send you special offers via SMS/text messaging services. You may opt out of receiving SMS/text messaging by texting the single keyword command STOP to +1 (855) 914-4853. You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. No further messages will be sent to your mobile device, unless initiated by you. If you have subscribed to other KUIU mobile message programs and wish to cancel, except where applicable law requires otherwise, you will need to opt out separately from those programs by following the instructions provided in their respective mobile terms. For more information, please review our Mobile Message Service Terms and Conditions. For Service support or assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
KUIU may share your Personal Information with our vendors, service providers and business and third-party marketing partners in exchange for similar information of value from these entities, which the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) treats as a “sale” of such information, even though there is no monetary compensation involved. We may share the categories of Personal Information described above without further notice to you, unless required by the law, with the following categories of third parties:
- Vendors and Service Providers:To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Personal Information with vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, cloud services, and other information technology services providers, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, customer relationship management and customer support services, and analytics services. KUIU does not share “text messaging originator opt-in data and consent” with such entities.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, dissolution, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a “Transaction”), your Personal Information and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that Transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Service, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
- Business Partners, Vendors and Service Providers: We also may share Personal Information with our vendors, service providers and business and third-party marketing partners for their direct marketing and promotional purposes, and so they can provide services to You.
4. PRIVACY RIGHTS DISCLOSURES
Subject to certain exceptions, our customers have the right:
- To know the categories of Personal Information that Company has collected about you, how that information is used, and the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected;
- To access the specific pieces of Personal Information that Company has collected about you;
- To know whether Company has disclosed your Personal Information for business purposes, the categories of Personal Information so disclosed, and the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your Personal Information;
- To have the Company delete your Personal Information, subject to certain limited exceptions;
- To opt out: we may share Identification Information and Internet Activity Information with social media platforms and other advertising partners that will use that information to serve you targeted advertisements on social media platforms and other third party websites – under certain regulations such sharing may be considered a “sale” of Personal Information; and
- To be free from discrimination related to the exercise of these rights.
If you would like to exercise any or all of these rights, you may do so by filling out the form here, calling 1-800-648-9717, or contacting us. After we receive your request, we may request additional information from you to verify your identity. Your authorized agent may submit requests in the same manner, although we may require the agent to present signed written permission to act on your behalf, and you may also be required to independently verify your identity with us and confirm that you have provided the agent permission to submit the request.
5. NEVADA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS 603A.300 et seq.) permit a Nevada consumer to direct an operator of an Internet website or online service to refrain from making any sale of any covered information the operator has collected or will collect about that consumer. You may submit a request pursuant to this directive contact us. We will provide further information about how we verify the authenticity of the request and your identity.
Our Service is not directed to children who are under the age of 16. Company does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided Personal Information to Company through the Service please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
7. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
You use the Service at your own risk. We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect Personal Information both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information to Company via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, or third party websites.
9. INTERNATIONAL USERS
By using our Service, you understand and acknowledge that your Personal Information will be transferred from your location to our facilities and servers in the United States, where data protection laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction.
10. YOUR CHOICES
In certain circumstances providing Personal Information is optional. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Information that is needed to use some features of our Service, you may be unable to use those features. You can also contact us to request updates or corrections to your Personal Information.
11. KUIU Inner Circle Rewards Program
The Service includes the opportunity to earn points with every purchase. One point is earned for every dollar you spend. Points unlock exclusive offers, early access to new products, KUIU Cashback Rewards, and other perks. Every 1000 points earned can be redeemed for $50 rewards, which generally equates to the value to us of the information you share by using the Inner Circle Rewards Program. You can join the Inner Circle Program by logging on with your email address through the Link to the Inner Circle Rewards Program on our website. You may opt out of the Inner Circle Rewards Program at any time. You can contact us at email@example.com
13. CONTACT US