KUIU Layering System
Hot Conditions (70°F + / 21°C+)
- Base Layer: Peloton 118 LS
- Outer Layer- Pant: Tiburon Pant
Mild Conditions (45-70°F / 7-21°C)
- Base Layer Top: Peloton 118 LS
- Mid Layer- Fleece: Peloton 97
- Outer Layer- Soft Shell: Guide DCS Jacket
- Outer Layer- Pant: Attack Pant
*If waterproof protection is needed, add Chugach TR Rain Gear
Cold Conditions (32-45°F / 0-7°C)
- Base Layer: ULTRA Merino 145
- Mid Layer: PRO Merino 200
- Mid Layer- Insulated: Super Down LT
- Outer Layer- Soft Shell: Axis (Upsize one)
- Base Layer: PRO Merino 200
- Outer Layer- Pant: Axis
*If 100% Waterproof protection is needed, wear Yukon TR or KUIU Kutana Storm Shell rain gear in place of Axis Hybrid.
Frigid Conditions (Below 32°F / 0°C)
- Base Layer: ULTRA Merino 145 Zip-T
- Mid Layer: StrongFleece 280
- Mid Layer- Insulated: Kenai Jacket
- Outer Layer- Insulated: KUIU Kutana Gale Force
- Base Layer- Bottom: PRO Merino 200 Zip-Off Bottom
- Mid Layer- Insulation Bottom: Kenai Pant
- Outer Layer- Insulation: KUIU Kutana Gale Force
*If waterproof protection is not necessary, Super Down PRO may be worn in place of KUIU Kutana Gale Force
Do's and Don’ts of Layering
DO: Layer an outer-layer fitted item over mid-layer fit item.
A base layer, mid-layer fleece, mid-layer insulated jacket, and an outer-layer fit rain jacket, all in the same size, will comfortably layer together.
DO: Upsize your soft-shell jackets if you plan to add multiple mid layers underneath.
DON'T: Try to wear two outer-layer fit jackets in the same size together.
An outer layer rain jacket will compress the insulation of an outer-layer fit insulated jacket, reducing its ability to keep you warm.
DON'T: Try to wear a mid-layer fit insulated jacket over an outer-layer fit soft shell jacket.
The overall fit on an insulated mid-layer jacket is designed to layer under a waterproof rain jacket or an insulated outer layer.