Kutana Gale Force Pant
Waterproof. Windproof. Insulated.
Applying all the necessary layers to protect against extreme cold, wind, rain, and snow can leave you feeling restricted and uncomfortable. Our Gale Force Pant answers with waterproof protection, body-mapped insulation and an uncompromised fit, all in one. This purpose-built solution allows you to comfortably hunt in conditions most wouldn’t consider.
Since 2015, Gale Force prototypes have been tested in the worst conditions found around the world. From the Arctic to the Lower-48, and from the Bering Sea to the Pamir Mountains of Asia, product testers report braving extreme wind, rain, snow, and temperatures as low as -40 °F (-40 °C).
The Shell: 100% waterproof and windproof. If you’re preparing for a tough hunt that’s cold, wet, and brush-choked, you need protection from an insulated rain gear system that’s durable, lightweight, and dries quick. The Gale Force Pant features a new microporous hydrophobic membrane from Toray® that breathes well during all levels of activity and absorbs minimal water for faster dry times.
The durable stretch nylon 6/6 face fabric offers great tear strength for its weight, and will stay dry longer due to a new, more durable K-DWR treatment. The new Torain® 3-layer construction adds a revolutionary new seam tape that, along with the membrane, give enhanced hydrolysis resistance for improved garment longevity.
If you’ve ever had water soak up your pant leg, you’ll appreciate the extended waterproof paneling on the inside of the hems.
The Insulation: Features body-mapped 3DeFX+ insulation throughout the pant for optimal temperature regulation.
• 90g in main panels
• 60g in high-waist/hem/gusset
3DeFX+ combines insulation made from coil-shaped fibers and stretch fabrics to provide unmatched warmth and freedom of movement. Its continuous fiber technology is loftier and warmer than other synthetic insulation options, and perfect when the need for extreme warmth and flexibility intersect.
The Fit: Designed with an outer-layer fit, the Gale Force Pant has room underneath for a base layer and pant. Refer to the sizing chart for accurate fit.
• Designed for wintry conditions or late season hunts.
• Built for long term durability: Features durable nylon 6/6 face fabric, hydrolysis-resistant membrane and seam tape. Large heavy-duty zippers.
• Waterproof fabric wrapped around the inside of hems limits water migration into the insulation.
• Full length leg zippers allow ventilation and easy on and off, without removing your boots.
• Unique pant design offers a removable high back and suspender system for temperature regulation and to suit variable body types and preferences.
• Worn with minimal under-layers while temperatures are at freezing point. Add layers underneath for colder weather applications.
• Ideal as a convenient all-in-one shell for riding or traveling by ATV, side-by-sides, horseback etc. to a hunt location.
• Great for stand and waterfowl hunting which requires durable waterproof, windproof, and insulated protection while remaining stationary.
• Outside of hunting, Gale Force would be ideal with snowmobiling, skiing, and everyday wear in the cold.
• Hat: Kenai Bomber Hat
• Neck Gaiter: ULTRA Merino 145 or Peloton 97 Neck Gaiter
• Balaclava: Axis Balaclava
• Base layer top: ULTRA Merino 145 Zip-T
• Mid layer: PRO Merino 200 Zip-T or Peloton 97
• Mid layer insulation: Kenai ULTRA Jacket or Kutana Hybrid 3DeFX+ Jacket
• Base layer bottom: ULTRA Merino 145 Zip Off Bottom
• Pant: Attack or Guide Pant
• Sock: ULTRA Merino Crew or Over-the-calf Sock
• Gaiter: Yukon or Kutana Gaiter (worn over mid-layer pant)
• Protective outer-layer top: Kutana Gale Force Hooded Jacket
• Protective outer-layer bottom: Kutana Gale Force Pant
• Glove: Northstar Glove or Super Down PRO Glassing Glomitt
• Articulated knees
• Full-length side zippers
• Zippered hand pockets – 2
• Zippered cargo pockets – 2
• Removable high-back waist belt
• Suspenders included
• Built-in belt
• Functional fly
• Lower leg cinch minimal snow skirt system
• Dual ankle grommets for optional under boot tether
• Waterproof: 20,000mmH₂O
• Breathability (A1 test): 10,000g/m²/24hrs
• Breathability (B1 test): 13,000g/m²/24hrs
• 100% Nylon, 175g 80x70D outer layer
• 100% Nylon, 51g, 30D lining
• Heavy duty 3mm Nylon 6/6 elastic cording
• Glove-friendly hardware (Duraflex & Nifco)
• Heavy duty YKK Aquaguard zippers
• BEMIS overlay film
• Full K-DWR treatment for water resistance
• Waterproof 3DeFX+ insulation
KUIU Torain® 3-Layer Fabric
Waterproof. Windproof. Breathable.
KUIU Torain® with ENTRANT® microporous hydrophobic membrane breathes well during all levels of activity and absorbs minimal water for faster dry times. The durable stretch nylon face fabric offers great tear strength, and will stay dry longer due to a new, more durable K-DWR treatment. Torain® 3-layer construction adds a revolutionary new seam tape that, along with the membrane, give enhanced hydrolysis resistance for improved garment longevity.
3DeFX+® by Toray
Warmth and Flexibility Intersect
Toray’s 3DeFX+® combines insulation made from coil-shaped fibers and stretch fabrics to provide unmatched warmth and freedom of movement. Its continuous fiber technology is loftier and warmer than other synthetic insulation options, and perfect when the need for extreme warmth and flexibility intersect.
Featured in our Kenai ULTRA Hooded Jacket, Insulated Snap Shirt, and Kutana Hybrid 3DeFX+ Jacket
K DWR® (KUIU Durable Water Resistant)
K-DWR is the first line of defense for keeping you dry. It keeps water from penetrating the outer-layer fabric, which promotes breathability and performance.
Featured in all our Rain Shells, Guide Series, Tiburon Products, Chinook Products Alpine and Attack Pants
Featuring Nuyarn technology, the ULTRA Merino 145 Zip-T features a mid-weight Wool Nylon blend, making it our most versatile next to skin or layering option. With its ½ zip design, the zip-T provides added ventilation, keeping it effective in a wide range of conditions. • 8oz • 145g/m² fabric weight • 90/10 Wool Nylon blend • Next to skin base layer or layering piece • High collared ½ Zip design for ventilation • Naturally odor resistant • Rated UPF 40+ (Excellent Protection) More Verde Size M Arriving August 2020
Incredibly warm, light, and fast drying, this synthetic fleece is the perfect ultralight base layer for early to mid-season hunts. Full length side zippers allow quick and easy on and off without removing your pants and boots. • 4.5 ounces • Toray Karuishi fleece - 97g/m² • Makspec™ treated for odor control • Spandex-free all direction stretch • Full length leg zippers
The Yukon Pro Glove is both waterproof and breathable, giving it ultimate versatility for the serious mountain hunter. The Yukon Pro cold weather hunting glove will take you from mid to late season, keeping your hands warm and dry during cold, wet days. • 4.6 oz - pair • Waterproof and windproof • Superior grip even when wet • Abrasion resistant • Highly breathable