KUIU's Summit Refuge shelter is designed for mountain hunters looking for the ultimate in versatility, modularity, and a huge floor area at under 2 lbs in trail weight. The shelter is supported with trekking poles, or by tying off the peaks to overhanging tree limbs. It can easily sleep two, with plenty of extra space for gear and even a wood burning stove. If needed, three average-size adults can sleep lengthwise or sideways across the shelter.
The Summit Refuge makes a great secondary shelter on expedition hunts. Four or more can easily shelter from the weather, cook, and socialize. It also works incredibly well as a glassing shelter: sit inside and scan the surrounding country while staying protected from the rain or sun. The unique design provides redundancy to the stake out points-- even if one of the primary end stakes breaks free, the tent won't collapse. This design also allows both ends of the tent to open completely making for a number of set up possibilities.
The base configuration is floorless; however, an optional tent floor is available and preferred when used as a primary shelter. When bugs are an issue, a full tent body can be installed with a nylon mesh upper and fully seam taped bathtub floor. Both the floor and tent body can be installed after the shelter has been set up. Eight guylines strategically located around the tent stabilize the large panels and enhance the wind resistance. All of the stakeout and guyline locations have adhesive patches backing up the stitching, significantly increasing the strength at these stress points. The entire bottom hem is reinforced with sewn-in cord to limit stretch and enhance the long-term strength of the stakeout points. Sixteen tent stakes with attached cord are included, covering all stakeout and guyline locations.
• Robust 3+ Season design
• High strength 20D Silicone/PU coated micro ripstop nylon (1200mm WP rating), fully taped seams
• Dual trekking pole supported (poles not included)
• Dual zippered entry at head and foot with large vestibules for gear storage.
• Adjustable vents for increased air circulation and reduced condensation
• Ergonomic design to sit up and lay down with adequate head room
• Asymmetric floor shape and peak heights for efficient space usage and maximum headroom
• Designed for use with an ultralight wood burning stove (stove and stove jack sold separately)
• Reflective guylines and webbing with glow in the dark hardware for increase visibility at night
• Webbing loops at peaks for additional guyline attachment
• Length 150 in, width 96 in, height 51.5 in
• 8 guy lines included for additional structural support in the wind (weight 1.1 oz)
• 16 aluminum V stakes included with cords attached (8 at 17cm for the tent body and 8 at 15cm length for the guylines, weight 5.2 oz)