Offering functionality and performance
The patented KUIU Carbon Fiber Frame represents a significant step forward in backpacking frame, comfort, and performance. With vertical stiffness and horizontal flex, this frame can handle huge loads of meat while still moving comfortably with your body.
The internal structure of the KUIU Carbon Fiber Frame has changed significantly with the introduction of Spread Tow technology. Traditional construction uses 'round' strands of carbon fiber woven together into a sheet, giving it the signature checkerboard design. With Spread Tow technology the carbon fibers are flattened and stitched together, giving increased strength by eliminating pockets of weaker resin material. Spread Tow sheet angles can also be offset to change the frame's rigidity and performance. The patented molded KUIU Carbon Fiber Frame includes a complex internal structure of foam core, offset and straight Spread Tow layers, and stacked truss supports to optimize strength and flex as needed throughout the frame.
The foundation of our modular hunting pack system, the KUIU Carbon Fiber Frame and suspension can fit any of the ICON Pro or ULTRA pack bags. All KUIU hunting packs are made with materials chosen for performance, not price, including Toray Carbon Fiber, CORDURA® nylon fabric, YKK® Zippers, and Duraflex® hardware.
• Fully compatible with prior ICON Pro and ULTRA suspension and bags
• Available in two sizes, Regular 22 in and Tall 24 in
• Spread Tow Carbon Fiber by Chomarat, using fiber from Toray, Made in USA
• Frame built by Rocket Composites Inc., Made in USA
• Frame is included in any Full Kit pack purchase
• Needs to be paired with a suspension and bag to make a functional pack